Search

Looking for something?

Content

Thursday, September 18, 2014

9|365.2

This is not a view I'm used to. Sleep has not come easy to my babies, and I'm used to it being a battle. A thorn in my side. A test of my endurance. And theirs, I suppose. You seemed not all that different, you slept next to me, woke in the night a few times. Not the best sleeper in the house, not the worst. Then one night last month your big sisters were out of town and your dad announced that this was the time to try sleeping in your crib. I scoffed, swore it wouldn't work. Assured him that he was overly optimistic. But I agreed that he could give it a shot. Less than ten minutes later he was back, smugly stating that you were out. Done. "It won't last," I said. But I was wrong. You still wake up, towards morning though. Mostly I get 6 hours, maybe more, of uninterrupted baby free time. I nurse you, take you in your room, and lay you in your crib. Sometimes you whine for a bit while one of us rubs your back and sings. Sometimes not even that. And then you're out. Every single time, I feel like cheering. What a gift for us, here at the end of our baby days. Just like you. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something