Search

Looking for something?

Content

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

8|365.2

At your yearly checkup, Rowan and Saoirse. Some day I suppose you'll want to go to the doctor alone. But for now, it's a group effort. Liam crawls on the floor under the exam table, all three of you sit up there even though you're not being the patient. And I try to answer questions and keep track of what the doctor is telling me in the middle of the chaos. Total insanity. And a perfect example of how lucky we are, every year when your checkup shows again that you are perfectly healthy, thriving children...which is easy to take for granted until I reflect for a minute and remember that this was not promised, and certainly not guaranteed on the day you arrived, weighing less put together than that little sister of your did all by herself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something