Search

Looking for something?

Content

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

7|365.2

We are a "dessert every night" family. I know, I know, sometimes I feel guilty about it and swear that we're going to start making it more of a special occasion thing. Maybe make you eat fresh fruit for dessert. But since you eat so much fresh fruit anyway, and I love dessert as much (or more) than you do...it never goes anywhere. You guys are frequently totally content to raid the pantry for leftover Halloween candy, or something like that. But every now and then you ask at dinner, "Can we go out for ice cream tonight?" And if you're lucky, we agree. Tonight it was Baskin Robbins, and you chose Daiquiri Ice, which always makes me nostalgic. I used to have one scoop of Daiquiri Ice and one scoop of chocolate peanut butter, for years as a kid that was my order. You guys switch it up much more than I did. Except for Rowan, she's always chocolate. Chocolate fudge brownie, double chocolate, just plain chocolate if all else fails. Sometimes when we're having ice cream I think of my Grandpa Hales. He had such a sweet tooth, there was always ice cream in big tubs in the basement freezer. He'd give me bowls of chocolate ice cream on the coffee table in front of the TV at night when I stayed overnight there. In my mind, I imagine him giving my kids bowls of chocolate ice cream. He would be so thrilled, and you guys would've loved him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something