Search

Looking for something?

Content

Sunday, September 14, 2014

5|365.2

Sometimes I think you get shortchanged, having such an introvert for a mama. It means I don't go out of my way all that often to make social engagements for you. I rarely even think of it, we entertain ourselves and pass the time. And, frankly, just our crew seems like a lot of people (and noise) to me. But this summer, one day the doorbell rang, and I didn't even ignore it. ;) Lucky for you, because it turned out to be our neighbors down the street, with two little girls for you to play with. You loved running around with them that night, in and out of our sprinkler. And several times over the rest of the summer, Z and V would stop by and ask if you could come outside and play. Scooter rides, sprinkler runs, and a lot of chasing games ensued. When you girls caught this little guy today, you wanted to know if you could take him down the road to see your friends, remembering them bringing you tiny frogs earlier this year. We did make the walk down there, although they weren't there this time. It's strange, and amazing, and hard (to be honest) for me to see you guys making your world bigger, bit by bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something