Search

Looking for something?

Content

Monday, September 15, 2014

6|365.2

Some days I feel like all you girls do is fight. I have quite a few friends with twins, and read about even more. And sometimes people post pictures of their twins doing things that are so obviously "twinny," and it makes me sigh a little. You two don't sneak into each other's beds at night, never did. You never had some secret twin language. You're totally fine being in separate classrooms at school. You are SO different, in so many ways. I remember watching a talk show when I was pregnant with the two of you with a set of twin sisters who didn't get along. In their case, it was that one twin wanted to be closer, but one wanted nothing to do with the other. She moved away, cut and dyed her hair, didn't tell people she was a twin. It made me so sad. Every now and then I worry, when you fight, that you won't be close. And, having started out together, that seems even sadder to me than if you were just ordinary sisters. But then...there are times like these. Just before bed, silliness between the two of you that feeds itself, and you are totally in sync again. I hope to still be seeing this scene in 10, 20...as many years as I'm able.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something