Search

Looking for something?

Content

Sunday, October 12, 2014

33|365.2

Although learning to ride a bike is one of those things that pretty much everyone does, it still felt mystifying to me. At the beginning of this summer, neither of you girls were riding on your own, still. Seven felt a bit old, and you were heavy enough that when I tried to help you, it was really hard for me to catch you if you tipped. So it was your dad's job. I joked with him this spring that there are classes for this now, you can outsource it. He scoffed, said there was no way he was paying someone to teach his kids to ride, this is what Dads do. So I watched you guys learn all summer, in bits and pieces when you felt brave. Sure enough, now you can both ride. This was the day that Rowan really took off, riding in big circles in a parking lot, learning to take off and stop. What a glorious day for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something