Search

Looking for something?

Content

Monday, October 6, 2014

27|365.2

Waiting in the pickup line at school. Every day when I say it's time to go get your sisters, you ask, "Will there be a line?" No matter how many times we do it, you keep hoping it will be different today, I guess. The line bores you. When your sisters were in kindergarten, you almost always fell asleep in the line, even though I wished you wouldn't. Last year we had to circle until the last possible second, hoping Liam would sleep. You would play, or pretend to read. This year you don't want to stay in your seat at all, you want to climb up and be with me. Today you were so excited when I said, "Well, this will be the last year you will have to do this wait. Next year you'll be in kindergarten, and just Liam will be waiting with me." Your face lit up, so thrilled that I was afraid you misunderstood. "Next YEAR," I repeated. Yes, you got it. That was awesome. "Will you tell my sisters that when we get them?!" I'm not quite ready for you to be gone all day with them, so I'm glad there's another 11 months to go, my baby girl, even if it does mean you have to be bored with me on a lot more afternoons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something