Search

Looking for something?

Content

Sunday, December 21, 2014

103/365.2



Although you are always willing to be in front of my camera, I find it hard to photograph you. Getting you to look like yourself is the hard part, you want so much to make me happy that the results are often stiff. A side of you, yes, but not what I'm trying to capture. It's a metaphor, of course, for so much. You are the only one of my kids that I worry will make it to adulthood and struggle with knowing what YOU want, and being able to stand up for yourself and let other people deal with their own reactions. This, though, this is you. This is the real face I get when you look at me, without a camera. I want to remember it always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something