Search

Looking for something?

Content

Sunday, January 11, 2015

124/365.2



Packing school lunches in one of those little things that illustrates bigger things about parenting, and marriage, for me. Before I had kids in school, I looked forward to packing school lunches. I love food, after all, and read cookbooks for fun. I agreed that packing lunches would lead to more healthful meals, that variety beyond pizza, chicken nuggets, and burgers would be good for children. "Kid food" is not good food, for the most part. So I had high hopes. But the reality is different. My kids have expectations of their own, and they wear me down. Packing lunches is a lot of drudgery, and my creativity is rarely appreciated by little kids, to be honest. Pinterest, Facebook...they all remind me that I'm not a star in the lunch department. Your dad, on the other hand...well, he doesn't sweat it. Packing the same small rotation of sandwiches, with a few pretzels and a piece of fruit every day...done. No stress. So I am always grateful on the days that he takes this task over and lets me forget about it. I should tell him that more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something