Search

Looking for something?

Content

Friday, May 15, 2015

247/365.2



Tonight you had your first friend over for a sleepover, for your birthday. This penguin is the gift she brought you. All week you waited anxiously. Tonight your dad and I laughed, often, at what a match L seems to be for you. Quirky, enthusiastic, talkative. Her deadpan delivery to me of the line, "Yeah, Saoirse's sensitive" when you cried at some small injury. The two of you stayed up until almost midnight, reading and playing quietly in your room. I'm glad you found a match, your first one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a bookworm, a sometime runner, a mom to four little ones, and a homemaker who hates to clean. (Whoops..) I spent years as a devoted journal keeper, and see photography as another way to document this life of ours. "I have only one life, and it is only so long. I choose to spend it with you."
Powered by Blogger.

Something